My Fashion Sense

Thursday 19 November 2009

Gossip Girl OBSESSION - Lace!


(Blair wearing Black Lace Dress in the pilot episode from Gossip Girl Fan)

Everyone needs a vice and Gossip Girl is mine (that and coffee)! From the moment the show started in 2007 I’ve eagerly anticipated every episode anxious to see what the characters are wearing each week. With Blair’s sophisticated vintage looks and Serena’s casual glamour I was hooked!




With lace appearing everywhere this season, crossing trends and styles, I was reminded of a particular lace number Blair wore in the pilot episode. Inspired, I went in search of my own lace dress @ New Look.




From the front, a classic lace dress but with a TWIST! The back dips dangerously low and I’m really surprised I got this shot without my pink underwear showing. My advice if you’re going to a more formal affair, wear this with a tailored jacket in satin. If seduction is your plan, pair it with some killer heels, your hair up and perhaps a simple chain that hangs down your back.




While black is classic, lace is now available in all colors giving it a fresh new look. This one fit perfectly and also had a scoop back but was definitely a mini! If you’d prefer to be a little more covered complete this sleek look with a pair of leggings or jeggings and some ankle boots.



Combination, classic black lace and color! This dress had a very straight cut which just didn’t work on my petite frame but the bow detail in the back was adorable!




A look always has to be tailored to the individual and this dress was my favorite! A v-neck is always flattering if you have a smaller bust and the cinched waist accentuates my curves. Felt like a party as soon as I put it on. I also like the versatility of this dress. It could easily work for so many different styles. Pair it with biker boots and a leather bomber jacket for a more punk look. Pair it with some sexy stilettos, a cute clutch and your ready for cocktails!


Check out these other dresses @ New Look!


Lace Back Tunic


Lace Skirt Dress


Metallic Lace Dress


Lace Shift Dress


Gossip Girl is on Monday (for US & Bermuda) or Wednesday (for UK) nights!

You know you love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment