My Fashion Sense

Saturday 24 October 2009

Hey!

Welcome to Inside the Dressing Room, my first attempt at blogging! Yay! This will be very trial and error but hopefully interesting as well! I’m Reanna, a transplant from the sunny island of Bermuda now living in London! Being here has reignited my love of FASHION at all levels. There are no rules here which allows for experimentation and discovery and its evident everywhere. I’d been playing with the idea of doing a blog or vlog for awhile when I read the Marie Claire article, “Why You Should Care What I Wear.” A fashion blog. Now that’s something I could really have fun with!



Ok, so what to do first? SHOPPING! I know I’m conforming to a well known female stereotype and while I can’t speak for all women in my case it’s true. I love clothes! I love clothes, shoes, bags, and all the accessories that go along with them. Sometimes I even dream about clothes. =) Anyway, off I went to TopShop.


With nothing in particular in mind, I picked up the first things that caught my eye. (1) A Floral Print Jumper, (2) Navy Satin Boyfriend Blazer and, (3) a Lace Dress. I was actually surprised how well the jumper fit and once on, thought it would look really cute with a wide belt. (But they don't let you take belts into the changing rooms.) The feel of the satin blazer was great and I like how it dressed up the jumper. Below, channeling Madonna in the lace dress, which was basically see thru, that fit me perfectly. Cool for a night out at the club with some really hot ankle boots.

Next I went to Primark, which is either a dirty word or treasure chest, depending on your perspective. And this is what I found...
So what do you think? Love the shape and of course the sequin! And last my favorite purchase of the day, my new SHORTS! (yes, it's still warm enough for shorts!) Check out the button detail.


Lesson learned from this experiment -> Wear neutral tights when trying on clothes, especially if you're taking pictures. Purple doesn't go with everything.


1 comment:

  1. lol yeah I was wondering about the purple tights.. cute with something else tho!

    And let me say a big F you that you can still wear friggin shorts! Tho it did get a tad warmer here yesterday... on Thurs it was freezing!!! Snowing AND raining at the same time... boo. With warm enough leggings, shorts / skirts can be worn but you'd have to buy the shorts in like a size too big to have room for thick leggings. poo.

    Anyway.. fashion blogs have been done before, of course, but it's nice to see different people's styles (especially when they are evolving and especially when you know and love the person!)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete